Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri January 4, 2013
Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extended
People getting federal extended unemployment benefits can continue claiming them for at least another year. The Emergency Unemployment Compensation program was set to expire Dec. 29, but Congress has extended the program through Jan. 1, 2014.
About 30,000 Tennesseans and 24,000 Kentuckians receive the benefits. Congress created the EUC in 2008 to give unemployment benefits to those who had exhausted their state benefits.