Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri January 4, 2013
Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extended
People getting federal extended unemployment benefits can continue claiming them for at least another year. The Emergency Unemployment Compensation program was set to expire Dec. 29, but Congress has extended the program through Jan. 1, 2014.
About 30,000 Tennesseans and 24,000 Kentuckians receive the benefits. Congress created the EUC in 2008 to give unemployment benefits to those who had exhausted their state benefits.