Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri January 4, 2013
Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extended
People getting federal extended unemployment benefits can continue claiming them for at least another year. The Emergency Unemployment Compensation program was set to expire Dec. 29, but Congress has extended the program through Jan. 1, 2014.
About 30,000 Tennesseans and 24,000 Kentuckians receive the benefits. Congress created the EUC in 2008 to give unemployment benefits to those who had exhausted their state benefits.