Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed March 4, 2009
Emergency Management Fraud
By Carrie Pond
Benton, KY – Marshall County officials say residents should be wary of a possible scam. A local business has received calls requesting they purchase an ad in a calendar to benefit Emergency Management. Marshall County Emergency Manager Melissa Combs says her organization is not selling calendars or other advertising on its behalf. When receiving a possible fundraising call, Combs advises people to ask questions and if there's any doubt of the caller's validity, call the local emergency services center to verify the fundraiser before contributing.