Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu June 25, 2009
Emergency Management Director Terminated
By Caleb Campbell
Paducah, KY – Interim McCracken County Emergency Management Director Bob McGowan was fired on Monday after he chose to not give up his role as volunteer chief of the Concord Fire Department. The court believed that McGowan's two jobs were conflicting and caused issues during January's ice storm. McGowan released a seven-page letter to the media, explaining that he had asked for a part-time employee during the county's budget workshop. McGowan also said that Deputy Judge-Executive Doug Harnice told him in May he would have to choose between the two jobs. County Judge-Executive Van Newberry expects to name a new interim emergency management director in the next few days.