Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Thu October 18, 2012
Elkton Police Officer Hit By a Car
An Elkton police officer was hit by a car this morning while assisting with another traffic accident. Kentucky State Police say 36-year-old Brian E. Atkinson of Hopkinsville was knocked down on U.S. 68 East early this morning. He was investigating a two-vehicle, non-injury crash.
Police say as Atkinson was pushing one of the vehicles off the roadway, another car hit Atkinson and the vehicle he was pushing. Atkinson suffered multiple injuries. Jennie Stuart Medical Center spokesman James Goss says Atkinson was treated and released.