Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu October 18, 2012
Elkton Police Officer Hit By a Car
An Elkton police officer was hit by a car this morning while assisting with another traffic accident. Kentucky State Police say 36-year-old Brian E. Atkinson of Hopkinsville was knocked down on U.S. 68 East early this morning. He was investigating a two-vehicle, non-injury crash.
Police say as Atkinson was pushing one of the vehicles off the roadway, another car hit Atkinson and the vehicle he was pushing. Atkinson suffered multiple injuries. Jennie Stuart Medical Center spokesman James Goss says Atkinson was treated and released.