Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu October 18, 2012
Elkton Police Officer Hit By a Car
An Elkton police officer was hit by a car this morning while assisting with another traffic accident. Kentucky State Police say 36-year-old Brian E. Atkinson of Hopkinsville was knocked down on U.S. 68 East early this morning. He was investigating a two-vehicle, non-injury crash.
Police say as Atkinson was pushing one of the vehicles off the roadway, another car hit Atkinson and the vehicle he was pushing. Atkinson suffered multiple injuries. Jennie Stuart Medical Center spokesman James Goss says Atkinson was treated and released.