Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed May 16, 2012
Eliminate Child Abuse Comes to KY
Health care groups and child advocates across Kentucky have formed a new Partnership to Eliminate Child Abuse. Kentucky’s child abuse death rate is among the highest in the country.
Kosair Children’s Hospital Medical Director Steve Wright is leading the effort.
Our mission is to work towards eliminating child abuse by developing educational and awareness materials for anyone who interacts with children on a daily basis.
The partnership is enlisting the help of two families to speak publicly about their personal experiences with child abuse. Others taking part in the campaign include Kentucky Children’s Hospital, the University of Pikeville and Indiana University.