Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue January 27, 2009
Electric companies prepare for winter storm
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – Electric companies across the region are preparing for any problems associated with the wintry mix of snow and ice that's falling on the region. Jackson Purchase Energy President and CEO Kelley Knuckles says the company is watching weather forecasts closely to determine the severity of the storm and has notified employees that it might be a long night.
"We have initiated our emergency response plan in getting ready for it. We've already made some contact with some outside utilities, that if we need additional help, they're on standby."
Knuckles also says in the event of an outage, J-P-E-C and its affiliates will work around the clock to make repairs. He also says customers lose power and have a generator, they should ensure it is properly installed before using it.