Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue January 27, 2009
Electric companies prepare for winter storm
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – Electric companies across the region are preparing for any problems associated with the wintry mix of snow and ice that's falling on the region. Jackson Purchase Energy President and CEO Kelley Knuckles says the company is watching weather forecasts closely to determine the severity of the storm and has notified employees that it might be a long night.
"We have initiated our emergency response plan in getting ready for it. We've already made some contact with some outside utilities, that if we need additional help, they're on standby."
Knuckles also says in the event of an outage, J-P-E-C and its affiliates will work around the clock to make repairs. He also says customers lose power and have a generator, they should ensure it is properly installed before using it.