Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed November 9, 2011
Election Turnout meets Predictions
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – Voter turnout in Kentucky's general election yesterday wasn't far off predictions at just over 28 percent.. In Western Kentucky most counties reported turnout percentages slightly above the statewide average. Carlisle County reported 36.11% of registered voters cast ballots yesterday followed closely by Ballard County at 36.02%. Christian County reported far under the state average at 17.8%.