Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed November 9, 2011
Election Turnout meets Predictions
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – Voter turnout in Kentucky's general election yesterday wasn't far off predictions at just over 28 percent.. In Western Kentucky most counties reported turnout percentages slightly above the statewide average. Carlisle County reported 36.11% of registered voters cast ballots yesterday followed closely by Ballard County at 36.02%. Christian County reported far under the state average at 17.8%.