Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 9, 2011
Election Turnout meets Predictions
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – Voter turnout in Kentucky's general election yesterday wasn't far off predictions at just over 28 percent.. In Western Kentucky most counties reported turnout percentages slightly above the statewide average. Carlisle County reported 36.11% of registered voters cast ballots yesterday followed closely by Ballard County at 36.02%. Christian County reported far under the state average at 17.8%.