Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue May 22, 2012
Election Fraud Hotline Calls are Higher than Last Year
Calls to the state attorney general’s election fraud hotline are running higher than a year ago. By mid-afternoon, 16 complaints had been received.
That compares with a total a six complaints made during the 2011 primary. During the last presidential primary, Shelley Catherine Johnson in the attorney general’s office says they receive 59 calls.
“We like to think that our election oversight and enforcement and working in conjunction with other multiple agencies including the secretary of state’s office, the U.S. attorney’s office…we’d like to think that our efforts are paying off."
Catherine-Johnson says all calls will be reviewed by officials in the attorney general’s office and could be referred to law enforcement.