Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu November 6, 2008
Election analysis with Dr. Brian Clardy
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – The contrasts between Tuesday's election results across the country and in Kentucky can appear to be dissonant and somehow obvious at the same time. Todd Hatton spoke Wednesday with Dr. Brian Clardy, associate professor of history at Murray State University. Dr. Clardy believes both American and Kentucky politics have entered a transformation period, and that a failure to change could signal failure at the voting booth.