Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon May 21, 2012
Eggners Ferry Bridge Nearly Whole Again
Construction workers poured the concrete deck for the replacement span of the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge yesterday morning.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says it took about five hours to pour the more than 300 foot length. Crews worked all last week to place forms and reinforcing steel for the new deck after it was set in place last Monday. Workers expect to install curbs on the span sometime late today or early tomorrow. A $7 million dollar agreement requires Hall Contracting of Kentucky to have the bridge ready for traffic by this holiday weekend or face hefty fines. It’s been four months since a cargo ship struck the bridge causing a portion of it to collapse.