Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon May 21, 2012
Eggners Ferry Bridge Nearly Whole Again
Construction workers poured the concrete deck for the replacement span of the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge yesterday morning.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says it took about five hours to pour the more than 300 foot length. Crews worked all last week to place forms and reinforcing steel for the new deck after it was set in place last Monday. Workers expect to install curbs on the span sometime late today or early tomorrow. A $7 million dollar agreement requires Hall Contracting of Kentucky to have the bridge ready for traffic by this holiday weekend or face hefty fines. It’s been four months since a cargo ship struck the bridge causing a portion of it to collapse.