Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon July 2, 2012
Eggners Ferry Bridge Lights Repaired
Traffic is back to normal on the Eggners Ferry Bridge, which connects Marshall County to Land Between the Lakes. Repair work on navigation lights restricted traffic this morning.
KYTC District 1 spokesman Keith Todd said two wires fused together in one of the lights, causing a short that knocked out the entire system. A boater on the lake reported the lights out last night. A Transportation Cabinet electrical crew found and repaired the problem shortly after noon today. A 300-ft. bridge span collapsed in January after it was hit by a large motor vessel. The navigation lights were repaired as part of the bridge reopening.