Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Roads & Highways
Fri December 7, 2012
Eggners Ferry Bridge Lane Restriction Set for Dec. 11-12
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to restrict traffic to one lane on the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge on Tuesday and Wednesday next week.
This lane restriction is to allow deck repairs to better prepare the bridge for winter driving weather. This work zone will include an 8 ft. maximum load width.
Motorists can expect to encounter one lane traffic with alternating flow controlled by flaggers between approximately 8:00 a.m., CDT, and 4:00 p.m., on Tuesday and Wednesday. Appropriate caution is required were equipment, flaggers, and maintenance personnel are on the bridge deck in close proximity to traffic flow.
We will attempt to provide timely updates at the work progresses.
The US 68/KY 80 Eggner’s Ferry Bridge is at US 68 Marshall County mile point 28.146 and Trigg County mile point 0.0 at the western entrance to Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area. The Bridge carries approximately 2,800 vehicles across Kentucky Lake/The Tennessee River in an average day.