Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Roads & Highways
Fri December 7, 2012
Eggners Ferry Bridge Lane Restriction Set for Dec. 11-12
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to restrict traffic to one lane on the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge on Tuesday and Wednesday next week.
This lane restriction is to allow deck repairs to better prepare the bridge for winter driving weather. This work zone will include an 8 ft. maximum load width.
Motorists can expect to encounter one lane traffic with alternating flow controlled by flaggers between approximately 8:00 a.m., CDT, and 4:00 p.m., on Tuesday and Wednesday. Appropriate caution is required were equipment, flaggers, and maintenance personnel are on the bridge deck in close proximity to traffic flow.
We will attempt to provide timely updates at the work progresses.
The US 68/KY 80 Eggner’s Ferry Bridge is at US 68 Marshall County mile point 28.146 and Trigg County mile point 0.0 at the western entrance to Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area. The Bridge carries approximately 2,800 vehicles across Kentucky Lake/The Tennessee River in an average day.