Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri April 12, 2013
Eggners Ferry bridge closed after tow collision
Update: The bridge has reopened to traffic.
The US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake is CLOSED to traffic after a tow boat pushing several empty barges hit one of the bridge piers. The U.S. Coast Guard reports the Motor Vessel Evey T was headed downstream when a wind gust blew the tow into the right pier on the main channel just after three this afternoon.
Authorities are on the scene as a precaution and a KYDOT bridge inspector is en route to run a safety check on the bridge structure. The inspection will likely mean the bridge will remain closed to traffic until about 6 tonight.