Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 12, 2013
Eggners Ferry bridge closed after tow collision
Update: The bridge has reopened to traffic.
The US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake is CLOSED to traffic after a tow boat pushing several empty barges hit one of the bridge piers. The U.S. Coast Guard reports the Motor Vessel Evey T was headed downstream when a wind gust blew the tow into the right pier on the main channel just after three this afternoon.
Authorities are on the scene as a precaution and a KYDOT bridge inspector is en route to run a safety check on the bridge structure. The inspection will likely mean the bridge will remain closed to traffic until about 6 tonight.