Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu May 10, 2012
Eggner’s Ferry Bridge Repair Update
Engineers working to repair the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake are optimistic they will be able to move a 322 foot replacement truss to the bridge site by Saturday.
The work is part of efforts to restore traffic across the bridge after a cargo ship struck the span in January, bringing down part of the structure. Once the truss is in place, workers with Hall Contracting will begin reinforcing steel required to pour a new road deck on the new section. The surface will need several days to cure before the crossing can be reopened to traffic. Hall Contracting has until Memorial Day weekend to complete the work, or face stiff financial penalties.