Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu May 10, 2012
Eggner’s Ferry Bridge Repair Update
Engineers working to repair the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake are optimistic they will be able to move a 322 foot replacement truss to the bridge site by Saturday.
The work is part of efforts to restore traffic across the bridge after a cargo ship struck the span in January, bringing down part of the structure. Once the truss is in place, workers with Hall Contracting will begin reinforcing steel required to pour a new road deck on the new section. The surface will need several days to cure before the crossing can be reopened to traffic. Hall Contracting has until Memorial Day weekend to complete the work, or face stiff financial penalties.