Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu May 10, 2012
Eggner’s Ferry Bridge Repair Update
Engineers working to repair the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake are optimistic they will be able to move a 322 foot replacement truss to the bridge site by Saturday.
The work is part of efforts to restore traffic across the bridge after a cargo ship struck the span in January, bringing down part of the structure. Once the truss is in place, workers with Hall Contracting will begin reinforcing steel required to pour a new road deck on the new section. The surface will need several days to cure before the crossing can be reopened to traffic. Hall Contracting has until Memorial Day weekend to complete the work, or face stiff financial penalties.