Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Education - WKMS
Wed December 29, 2010
Education Expected to be a Struggle in Coming Years
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Murray, KY – The decade is coming to a close and futurist Ivan Potter says that the first years often define a century. With education issues the focus of many political arguments, Potter believes that it will grow be as significant as some of America's largest social movements of the 20th century.
"The civil rights movement was about black power and sharing between races. The civil rights movement that we're going through now is who has the right to be educated, who has the right to earn an income, who has the right to power and wealth in this country."
Potter says that the structure of American secondary education needs to undergo a change and adapt in order to serve the future populations and expects that the struggle for education will be much harder in coming decades.