Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon August 17, 2009
Education Commissioner Twitters
By Tony McVeigh
Kentucky – Kentucky's new Education Commissioner is using social networking sites in an effort to live up to transparency promises he made upon his recent hiring. Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh has the story.
Two weeks ago, when he began work, Education Commissioner Terry Holliday told reporters his administration will be marked by transparency. And he said that included utilization of social networking sites on the Internet.
"My coach on that is my 19-year old daughter. She keeps me straight on the new technology. Tumbler's the latest thing to put all those blogs together. So, yes, I will definitely be a communication and transparency, and people will know where I am, what I'm doing and why I'm doing what I'm doing."
Sure enough, Holliday has already started Doc H's Blog, which can be accessed through Blogger or the Education Department website. He also makes frequent posts on Twitter and has a Facebook page.