Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon June 4, 2012
Edelen school board audit
A busy schedule won't keep Kentucky Auditor Adam Edelen from digging into school board funding.
Edelen is currently planning audits into special taxing districts and Medicaid managed care. His office is also required to do hundreds of audits of local and state government agencies. But Edelen says he'll keep his campaign pledge to look at school funding; and that could include a review of the states public universities, too.
"In the very near future were going to be launching a comprehensive effort to make examinations about how well, how honestly and how effectively school board dollars are being spent at the local level, he says."
Edelen says hes also concerned with public university finances and frequent tuition increases.
"I'm keenly interested in the affordability of higher education and will be active as soon as we can find an angle for insuring the taxpayers get a good value for their dollar."
So far, Edelen has completed the annual statewide audits, a look into University of Louisville Hospital funding, a special audit into Richer Farmer's terms as agriculture commissioner and several other reports.