Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri March 22, 2013
Edelen Finds Lack of Oversight in Statewide Audit
Kentucky State Auditor Adam Edelen says there's a lack of oversight by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services over Medicaid Managed Care Organizations.
In the second part of the statewide audit released today, Edelen says the MCOs didn't provide enough information to ensure grievances from members and providers were handled timely or that federal compliance requirements were met.
Auditors also found that the cabinet did not make certain the MCOs followed up on complaints, which means they could go unresolved and fraudulent activity go undetected.