Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 22, 2013
Edelen Finds Lack of Oversight in Statewide Audit
Kentucky State Auditor Adam Edelen says there's a lack of oversight by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services over Medicaid Managed Care Organizations.
In the second part of the statewide audit released today, Edelen says the MCOs didn't provide enough information to ensure grievances from members and providers were handled timely or that federal compliance requirements were met.
Auditors also found that the cabinet did not make certain the MCOs followed up on complaints, which means they could go unresolved and fraudulent activity go undetected.