Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu October 25, 2012
Edelen Continues Tracking Misspending in Ky. Schools
Kentucky State Auditor Adam Edelen says he will be expanding his efforts to track misspending in Kentucky school districts. Edelen campaigned on cleaning up education spending and he has already conducted special audits in three districts. The examinations of Kenton, Mason and Breathitt County schools found misspending and poor documentation.
The auditor told lawmakers today Thursday that he'll continue to do special audits of school districts, but only if his office is given reason to do so.
"So we are going to continue to use a complaint based system, one that relies heavily on the people of Kentucky, on parents, on students, on people who are stakeholders in the system to report to us what they see, either for the better or for the worse."
Lawmakers told Edelen they support his efforts.