Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon May 28, 2012
Edelen to Audit Medicaid
Kentucky’s new privatized Medicaid Managed Care program will be audited by the end of the year. State Auditor Adam Edelen created a Medicaid task force in February after taking a first look at the managed care system. He also gave recommendations to managed care companies, health care providers and the state on how to make the system run better in the future. But with clashes between private Medicaid companies and healthcare providers ongoiong, Edelen says he will take a stronger look into the system.
“And we will launch a full blown audit of the managed care companies based on the information that’s being gathered right now, we're going to launch that investigation by the end of the year.”
The most recent problems with the system involve one operator, Coventry Cares, telling providers it wants to either re-negotiate contracts early or end them altogether.