Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri February 20, 2009
The Economics of Western Kentucky Art
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – Spending associated with area non-profit arts organizations contributed nearly $40 million to the local economy in 2007. This finding comes from Phase III of the national Arts and Economic Prosperity study, which includes McCracken, Marshall, Graves and Calloway Counties. Americans for the Arts, a national organization based out of Washington DC and New York City, conducted the survey. Jacque Day speaks with the organization's vice president of policy and research Randy Cohen.