Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri May 10, 2013
Eastern Kentucky University's New President Approves Cuts
Cost cutting plans at Eastern Kentucky University were endorsed Friday by the school’s next president. Doctor Michael Benson, who takes over as president this August, agreed to disassemble Continuing Education and Outreach at E-K-U…eliminating its top two officials.
The school will also review its regional campus program, close its center at Fort Knox and re-purpose its campus in Lancaster. Benson also agreed to higher tuition at the Model Lab school, and at the Burrier Child Development Center.
Plus, E-K-U employees will soon pay parking fees. The future president rejected a proposed reduction in free tuition for faculty, staff and their families….restoring tuition credits for classes offered at E-K-U to previous levels. Benson says efforts to reduce staff have gone well.