Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon November 12, 2012
Earthquake Shakes East Kentucky Over Weekend
The U.S. Geological Survey says an earthquake centered in Kentucky also hit at least eight other states. The USGS website says the epicenter of the 4.3 magnitude earthquake Saturday afternoon was about 10 miles west of Whitesburg, near the Virginia line.
Residents in both states as well as West Virginia, Tennessee, and others reported feeling the temblor. USGS geophysicist John Bellini says the quake is considered "light." Bellini says people near the epicenter might have pictures fall off walls or books tumble from shelves. Tennessee Valley Authority and Oak Ridge nuclear weapons plant officials say they sustained no damage in the earthquake.