Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed February 22, 2012
Earthquake Resolution Passed
The Paducah City Commissioners approved a resolution Tuesday supporting the reevaluation of western Kentucky's status on the National Seismic Hazard Map. The map currently rates the area's propensity for earthquakes as high as Los Angeles or San Francisco. However, Zhenming Wang and James Cobb of the University of Kentucky have been reviewing the methodology used to create the map. Their new methods could lower western Kentucky's seismic risk. Commissioner Richard Abraham said if the city could ease building codes as a result of lower risk, it could lessen the strain on builders and developers and possibly improve the economy.