Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed October 15, 2008
Early Voting Begins
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Those who have already made up their minds in Tennessee and Illinois can now cast their ballots in this year's general election. Illinois began early voting Monday while the Volunteer State opened their polls Wednesday. West Tennessee has about 1 million registered voters. In Kentucky, residents can vote early by absentee ballot, but a McCracken County clerk's office worker says they must have a reason for doing so. They opened their absentee voting machines in late September, and they'll remain open until the day before Election Day. In Calloway County, those wishing to cast an absentee vote in person must do so at the courthouse this Friday, and sign an affidavit verifying they will be out of town on November 4th. For specific absentee voting dates in your area, contact your local county clerk's office.