Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu June 25, 2009
Early Childhood Councils Funded
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Many counties in Western Kentucky will receive funding this year for early childhood education planning. Funding for sixty-five Community Early Childhood Councils to serve 92 counties will come from Tobacco Settlement monies. The Childhood Councils were created in 2001 to oversee the needs of Kentucky's youngest residents. Appropriations are based on the number of children under the age of five in a county.