Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed July 31, 2013
Dyer County Farmer First Donor To New TN Program
A Dyer County, TN., landowner has become the first participant in a program that accepts direct gifts of agricultural commodities. The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture said Matt Fennell donated 150 bushels of wheat to the endowment program called Commodities for Communities. It is run by the University of Tennessee Foundation.
The wheat Fennel donated will be sold and the money realized will go into the Dyer County Extension Endowment for Agriculture. Money raised locally will be used locally for extension services, education and research. The program is active in Dyer and Crockett counties so far. For information visit, call (731) 425-4786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.