Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed November 12, 2008
By Carrie Pond
Cadiz, KY – A grand jury in Trigg County has indicted the man charged in the brutal slayings of three children with three counts of murder. Commonwealth's Attorney G-L Ovey says Kevin Dunlap was also indicted on one count of attempted murder for the attack on the children's mother. State police say she was raped by an assailant who stabbed her three children at their home in the Roaring Springs community. Ovey says he plans to pursue the death penalty against Dunlap. Dunlap's attorney, James Gibson, did not return a call Wednesday seeking comment. Dunlap, of Hopkinsville, was also indicted on four counts of kidnapping, first-degree rape, burglary and evidence tampering. He remains housed in the Christian County Jail.