Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 24, 2010
Dunlap Get's Death Sentence
By Chad Lampe
Livingston County – A western Kentucky jury has recommended a death sentence for a man who admitted killing three children. The Kentucky New Era in Hopkinsville reports the recommendation to send Kevin Wayne Dunlap to death row came Wednesday after nearly three hours of deliberation in Livingston County Circuit Court. Dunlap pleaded guilty on Feb. 9 to the slayings along with an attack on the children's mother at their home in rural Trigg County in 2008. The former Army soldier also pleaded guilty to rape, kidnapping, arson and tampering with evidence. Commonwealth's Attorney G.L. Ovey showed photos of the three slain children - ages 17, 14 and 5 - during his closing statements.