Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed February 24, 2010
Dunlap Get's Death Sentence
By Chad Lampe
Livingston County – A western Kentucky jury has recommended a death sentence for a man who admitted killing three children. The Kentucky New Era in Hopkinsville reports the recommendation to send Kevin Wayne Dunlap to death row came Wednesday after nearly three hours of deliberation in Livingston County Circuit Court. Dunlap pleaded guilty on Feb. 9 to the slayings along with an attack on the children's mother at their home in rural Trigg County in 2008. The former Army soldier also pleaded guilty to rape, kidnapping, arson and tampering with evidence. Commonwealth's Attorney G.L. Ovey showed photos of the three slain children - ages 17, 14 and 5 - during his closing statements.