Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri October 9, 2009
Dunlap Attorneys Claim Mental Illness
By Chris Taylor
Smithland, KY – The defense attorneys in Kevin Wayne Dunlap's triple murder case are claiming mental illness. Lead attorney James Gibson filed notice in Livingston Circuit Court Tuesday that he intends to introduce testimony that Dunlap suffered from a mental illness when he allegedly killed three children and seriously wounded their mother in a Roaring Spring home of southeast Trigg County. Dunlap's trial begins in February. The Paducah Sun reports if Dunlap's mental illness claim can be verified in court, it may bear upon whether he is found guilty or, if convicted, what his punishment may be.