Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed September 30, 2009
DUI Collision with Police Cruisers
By Chris Taylor
La Center, KY – A Maryland man was arrested yesterday on multiple charges, including assault on a police officer. Kentucky State Police allege 25-year-old Ryan Hardesty deliberately drove his car into two Ballard County Sheriff's Department Patrol cruisers last Saturday. Hardesty charges include Aggravated DUI, three counts of criminal mischief, wanton endangerment of a police officer, 1st degree assault, and assault on a police officer. Hardesty is being held in the Ballard County Detention Center, as KSP investigators continue to look into the case.