Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon February 16, 2009
DTV Original Transition Deadline
By Chad Lampe
Murray, Ky – Today marks the original deadline for the nationwide switch to digital television. Despite a 4 month extension to ready viewers for the change, a number of T-V stations will cease analog broadcasting midnight tonight. Fox affiliate KBSI-TV in Cape Girardeau is among those ending analog transmission. Promotions Manager Chuck Moffitt says station officials are confident that their decision won't leave many viewers in the dark.
"Per the FCC's instruction, stations have been notifying viewers for most of the past year that analog would be turned off February 17th. We think many consumers have made the necessary adjustments for that transition"
Many other regional television stations will continue analog broadcasting including Paducah's WPSD and Cape Girardeau's KFVS until the new June 12th deadline. Kentucky Educational Television will continue analog broadcasting until April 15th.