Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon February 16, 2009
DTV Original Transition Deadline
By Chad Lampe
Murray, Ky – Today marks the original deadline for the nationwide switch to digital television. Despite a 4 month extension to ready viewers for the change, a number of T-V stations will cease analog broadcasting midnight tonight. Fox affiliate KBSI-TV in Cape Girardeau is among those ending analog transmission. Promotions Manager Chuck Moffitt says station officials are confident that their decision won't leave many viewers in the dark.
"Per the FCC's instruction, stations have been notifying viewers for most of the past year that analog would be turned off February 17th. We think many consumers have made the necessary adjustments for that transition"
Many other regional television stations will continue analog broadcasting including Paducah's WPSD and Cape Girardeau's KFVS until the new June 12th deadline. Kentucky Educational Television will continue analog broadcasting until April 15th.