Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Sun July 15, 2012
"Dry County Blues"
Local musician and Murray State graduate student Kirk Raper felt a bit of a culture shock when he moved from the Nashville area to Calloway County and found that the closest place to buy packaged alcohol was across the state line. This inspired him to write a commentary in the form of a song, titled “The Dry County Blues.”
Please note, the views expressed in this commentary are solely those of the contributor and do not necessarily reflect the views of WKMS.
Kirk Raper is a Calloway County resident working on his Masters Degree in Water Science at Murray State University.