Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Sun July 15, 2012
"Dry County Blues"
Local musician and Murray State graduate student Kirk Raper felt a bit of a culture shock when he moved from the Nashville area to Calloway County and found that the closest place to buy packaged alcohol was across the state line. This inspired him to write a commentary in the form of a song, titled “The Dry County Blues.”
Please note, the views expressed in this commentary are solely those of the contributor and do not necessarily reflect the views of WKMS.
Kirk Raper is a Calloway County resident working on his Masters Degree in Water Science at Murray State University.