Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 7, 2010
Driving Conditions OK, Crews Aggressive
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Reports say driving conditions on western Kentucky roads aren't as bad as expected. But transportation cabinet officials still expect accidents throughout the day as drivers become overconfident. Road crews will be out into the evening salting highways. However, extremely low temperatures will lessen the salt's effectiveness. Slick conditions are expected after dark as roads turn icy. Driving conditions won't return to normal in most areas until Sunday.