Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri May 2, 2014
Drinking Water Week: Ways to Conserve Water
Next week is the 40th anniversary of the Safe Drinking Water Act, and it’s Drinking Water Week in Kentucky. The state Energy and Environment Cabinet is marking the occasion by offering residents ways to conserve water inside and outside their homes.
They say homeowners should check for leaks in toilets and pipes as well as in garden hoses and nozzles. The also recommend running full loads in washing machines and dishwashers and replacing old showerheads with high-efficiency models. You can find more of the cabinet’s recommendations here.