Most Active Stories
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
Fri May 2, 2014
Drinking Water Week: Ways to Conserve Water
Next week is the 40th anniversary of the Safe Drinking Water Act, and it’s Drinking Water Week in Kentucky. The state Energy and Environment Cabinet is marking the occasion by offering residents ways to conserve water inside and outside their homes.
They say homeowners should check for leaks in toilets and pipes as well as in garden hoses and nozzles. The also recommend running full loads in washing machines and dishwashers and replacing old showerheads with high-efficiency models. You can find more of the cabinet’s recommendations here.