Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri August 3, 2012
Drilling Work Finished at New Bridge Site
A drilling crew has finished geotechnical work at the site of the new Kentucky Lake bridge. KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says the drilling rig finished collecting soil and rock samples from planned pier locations yesterday.
He says engineers will take several months to analyze the data and incorporate it into their design plans. KYTC officials hope to bid out a pre-construction project near the bridge site late this year, or early next. The $330 million bridge replaces the 80-year-old Eggners Ferry Bridge.
Roads & Highways