Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 3, 2012
Drilling Work Finished at New Bridge Site
A drilling crew has finished geotechnical work at the site of the new Kentucky Lake bridge. KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says the drilling rig finished collecting soil and rock samples from planned pier locations yesterday.
He says engineers will take several months to analyze the data and incorporate it into their design plans. KYTC officials hope to bid out a pre-construction project near the bridge site late this year, or early next. The $330 million bridge replaces the 80-year-old Eggners Ferry Bridge.
Roads & Highways