Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri August 3, 2012
Drilling Work Finished at New Bridge Site
A drilling crew has finished geotechnical work at the site of the new Kentucky Lake bridge. KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says the drilling rig finished collecting soil and rock samples from planned pier locations yesterday.
He says engineers will take several months to analyze the data and incorporate it into their design plans. KYTC officials hope to bid out a pre-construction project near the bridge site late this year, or early next. The $330 million bridge replaces the 80-year-old Eggners Ferry Bridge.
Roads & Highways