Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri August 3, 2012
Drilling Work Finished at New Bridge Site
A drilling crew has finished geotechnical work at the site of the new Kentucky Lake bridge. KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says the drilling rig finished collecting soil and rock samples from planned pier locations yesterday.
He says engineers will take several months to analyze the data and incorporate it into their design plans. KYTC officials hope to bid out a pre-construction project near the bridge site late this year, or early next. The $330 million bridge replaces the 80-year-old Eggners Ferry Bridge.
Roads & Highways