Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue May 6, 2014
From Drawing to Metalsmithing, Murray State's Summer Art Workshop
Nicole Hand directs the Murray State Summer Art Workshop that is for freshman-seniors, June 8-13. The workshop has been going since the 1980's and this is Dale Leys 30th year teaching drawing in the workshop. Nicole and her husband Jim Bryant also run a website called Murray Kid, as well as a Facebook page of children's events activities in the Murray area. Kate Lochte speaks with Hand on Sounds Good about the art workshop and her work with Murray Kid.
"We have high school students that come from all around the area--Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois--and they stay on campus for a week and take a variety of classes with our faculty... They are very cool."