Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu June 28, 2007
Drafting the Declaration
By Matt Markgraf
Murray, KY – The summer of 1776 was a harrowing time for the British Colonies in American. Open warfare had begun a year earlier and the future was filled with uncertainty. In this tense climate, the Congress met in Philadelphia and assembled a committee to draft the Declaration of Independence. Among the committee were John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin. They in turn appointed Jefferson to write the Declaration, who toiled in seclusions writing several drafts. Here's what it must have sounded like based on letters by John Adams.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear the radio play, "Drafting the Declaration."
John Adams - Chad Lampe
Benjamin Franklin - Robert Valentine
Thomas Jefferson - Clayton Tune
Abigail Adams - Gina Pfannerstill
Written by Matt Markgraf