Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue July 28, 2009
Dr. Shah's Sentence Probated
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – Dr. Dinesh Shah will serve no prison time for practicing medicine without a license. He will instead spend his five year sentence on supervised probation. Shah's attorney has asked the court to consider unsupervised probation, as the former Mayfield doctor plans to move back to India.
Graves Circuit Judge Tim Stark says he will consider the request once Shah has specified his travel plans. Shah pleaded guilty earlier this month to several counts of practicing without a license, using a false title to acquire prescription drugs, and possession of controlled substances.