Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue July 28, 2009
Dr. Shah's Sentence Probated
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – Dr. Dinesh Shah will serve no prison time for practicing medicine without a license. He will instead spend his five year sentence on supervised probation. Shah's attorney has asked the court to consider unsupervised probation, as the former Mayfield doctor plans to move back to India.
Graves Circuit Judge Tim Stark says he will consider the request once Shah has specified his travel plans. Shah pleaded guilty earlier this month to several counts of practicing without a license, using a false title to acquire prescription drugs, and possession of controlled substances.