Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue July 28, 2009
Dr. Shah's Sentence Probated
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – Dr. Dinesh Shah will serve no prison time for practicing medicine without a license. He will instead spend his five year sentence on supervised probation. Shah's attorney has asked the court to consider unsupervised probation, as the former Mayfield doctor plans to move back to India.
Graves Circuit Judge Tim Stark says he will consider the request once Shah has specified his travel plans. Shah pleaded guilty earlier this month to several counts of practicing without a license, using a false title to acquire prescription drugs, and possession of controlled substances.