Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 2, 2008
Dr. Joe gives Gary Boggess Distinguished Lecture
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Dr. Joe Schwarcz, Director of the Office for Science and Society at McGill University in Montreal visits Murray State Monday. Dr. Schwarcz gives the Gary Boggess Distinguished Lecture at 4:30 p.m. Monday in Freed Curd Auditorium of the Industry and Technology building. Dr. Schwarcz goes by Dr. Joe when he's on television and radio. He writes for a weekly newspaper. He writes books. He has been honored with awards from the Royal Society of Canada and the American Chemical Society. Kate Lochte learns more about what Dr. Schwarcz does at McGill.