Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 13, 2009
DPA Files Appeal Motion
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy has appealed a Franklin Circuit Court judge's decision earlier this week to deny the department a hearing on funding. DPA lawyer Sheryl Snyder says the judge denied a hearing because the department has not yet completely depleted their resources. The DPA estimates they will run out of funding in late April or early May. A House bill now pending in the Senate would provide four-point-seven million dollars to the DPA. Snyder says that will be enough to get the department through the end of the fiscal year, June 30.