Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Roads & Highways
Fri November 2, 2012
Dorena-Hickman Reopens to Semi Traffic
A ferry that carries traffic between western Kentucky and southeast Missouri has reopened to loaded semi trucks. Dorena-Hickman Ferry officials say Mississippi River water levels have returned to near normal levels following a summer drought. The ferry was closed from June 23 to Aug. 8 due to low river levels.
But the ferry was restricted to passenger vehicles and box trucks once it reopened. Capt. Ed Floyd says low water prevented heavier trucks from crossing the ramps safely.