Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Roads & Highways
Fri November 2, 2012
Dorena-Hickman Reopens to Semi Traffic
A ferry that carries traffic between western Kentucky and southeast Missouri has reopened to loaded semi trucks. Dorena-Hickman Ferry officials say Mississippi River water levels have returned to near normal levels following a summer drought. The ferry was closed from June 23 to Aug. 8 due to low river levels.
But the ferry was restricted to passenger vehicles and box trucks once it reopened. Capt. Ed Floyd says low water prevented heavier trucks from crossing the ramps safely.