Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Roads & Highways
Fri November 2, 2012
Dorena-Hickman Reopens to Semi Traffic
A ferry that carries traffic between western Kentucky and southeast Missouri has reopened to loaded semi trucks. Dorena-Hickman Ferry officials say Mississippi River water levels have returned to near normal levels following a summer drought. The ferry was closed from June 23 to Aug. 8 due to low river levels.
But the ferry was restricted to passenger vehicles and box trucks once it reopened. Capt. Ed Floyd says low water prevented heavier trucks from crossing the ramps safely.