Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue October 8, 2013
Dorena-Hickman Ferry Shut Down Wednesday
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry connecting western Kentucky with southeast Missouri will be out of service early Wednesday for required maintenance.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd said normal operations should resume by 1 p.m.
Todd also said the ferry will go to reduced winter operating hours this Sunday, meaning the last run out of Kentucky will be at 5:15 p.m., with the last run out of Missouri at 5:30 p.m.
The Dorena-Hickman ferry is the only direct connection between the two states.