Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 8, 2013
Dorena-Hickman Ferry Shut Down Wednesday
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry connecting western Kentucky with southeast Missouri will be out of service early Wednesday for required maintenance.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd said normal operations should resume by 1 p.m.
Todd also said the ferry will go to reduced winter operating hours this Sunday, meaning the last run out of Kentucky will be at 5:15 p.m., with the last run out of Missouri at 5:30 p.m.
The Dorena-Hickman ferry is the only direct connection between the two states.