Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue October 8, 2013
Dorena-Hickman Ferry Shut Down Wednesday
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry connecting western Kentucky with southeast Missouri will be out of service early Wednesday for required maintenance.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd said normal operations should resume by 1 p.m.
Todd also said the ferry will go to reduced winter operating hours this Sunday, meaning the last run out of Kentucky will be at 5:15 p.m., with the last run out of Missouri at 5:30 p.m.
The Dorena-Hickman ferry is the only direct connection between the two states.