Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 8, 2013
Dorena-Hickman Ferry Shut Down Wednesday
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry connecting western Kentucky with southeast Missouri will be out of service early Wednesday for required maintenance.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd said normal operations should resume by 1 p.m.
Todd also said the ferry will go to reduced winter operating hours this Sunday, meaning the last run out of Kentucky will be at 5:15 p.m., with the last run out of Missouri at 5:30 p.m.
The Dorena-Hickman ferry is the only direct connection between the two states.