Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue October 8, 2013
Dorena-Hickman Ferry Shut Down Wednesday
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry connecting western Kentucky with southeast Missouri will be out of service early Wednesday for required maintenance.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd said normal operations should resume by 1 p.m.
Todd also said the ferry will go to reduced winter operating hours this Sunday, meaning the last run out of Kentucky will be at 5:15 p.m., with the last run out of Missouri at 5:30 p.m.
The Dorena-Hickman ferry is the only direct connection between the two states.