Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri November 28, 2008
Dogfighting Investigation Yields Little
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – Investigators in McCracken and Graves counties say they're making little progress in their inquiries into a possible dogfighting ring in the region. The Paducah Sun reports the Graves County Sheriff's department discovered seventy-two pit pulls with signs of dogfighting injuries November 5th. The next day, McCracken County Sheriff's authorities pulled eleven dead pit bulls with similar injuries from the Clarks River. Both sheriff departments say despite a number of leads, their investigations have turned up few viable suspects. Two people, Amy DeBerry and Joanal DeBerry were arrested earlier on 30 felony counts of cruelty to animals. The DeBerrys, who owned the dogs, are due back in Graves District Court Wednesday.