Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Tue June 30, 2009
Dog Fighting Case Delayed
By Carrie Pond
Mayfield, KY – A Mayfield couple accused of dog-fighting is expected to enter a plea at the end of next month. At a pre-trial conference yesterday Graves Circuit Judge Tim Starks continued the case to allow attorneys more time to negotiate. Joanal and Amy Deberry both face 30 counts of first-degree cruelty to animals for their alleged involvement in a dog fighting ring. The Graves County Sheriff's department arrested the two after an investigation that began last year after officers received a complaint about dogs chained near the Deberrys' property. The couple is due back in court July 27th.