Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu January 17, 2013
DOE Commissioner Holliday Visits All Public School Systems
The Kentucky Department of Education says Commissioner Terry Holliday has accomplished his goal of visiting schools in all of the Commonwealth’s 174 public school systems.
Visiting every district was a goal Holliday set when he was named commissioner in 2009. The final visits were to schools in Green and Hart counties Tuesday. A spokesman for the Department says Holliday visited more than 400. He met with teachers and administrators, served a few lunches, helped teach classes. Holliday occasionally returned to his roots as a music teacher and helped lead the school band.