Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
- Western Kentucky Short on Primary Care Physicians, Training Programs
Thu January 17, 2013
DOE Commissioner Holliday Visits All Public School Systems
The Kentucky Department of Education says Commissioner Terry Holliday has accomplished his goal of visiting schools in all of the Commonwealth’s 174 public school systems.
Visiting every district was a goal Holliday set when he was named commissioner in 2009. The final visits were to schools in Green and Hart counties Tuesday. A spokesman for the Department says Holliday visited more than 400. He met with teachers and administrators, served a few lunches, helped teach classes. Holliday occasionally returned to his roots as a music teacher and helped lead the school band.