Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 17, 2013
DOE Commissioner Holliday Visits All Public School Systems
The Kentucky Department of Education says Commissioner Terry Holliday has accomplished his goal of visiting schools in all of the Commonwealth’s 174 public school systems.
Visiting every district was a goal Holliday set when he was named commissioner in 2009. The final visits were to schools in Green and Hart counties Tuesday. A spokesman for the Department says Holliday visited more than 400. He met with teachers and administrators, served a few lunches, helped teach classes. Holliday occasionally returned to his roots as a music teacher and helped lead the school band.