Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri November 13, 2009
DNA Links Dunlap to the Scene
By Chris Taylor
Smithland, KY – Prosecutor's in the Kevin Wayne Dunlap triple-murder case claim at least five pieces of DNA evidence place him at the scene of the crime. The defense attorneys for 37-year-old Dunlap filed a motion Tuesday asking the judge to require the prosecution have the evidence tested by an independent lab. The Paducah Sun reports the evidence was confirmed by the state police forensic crime lab and includes blood, saliva, and semen samples match Dunlap. He allegedly raped and stabbed Kristey Frensley and killed her three children, before setting fire to their Trigg County home last year.