Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 13, 2009
DNA Links Dunlap to the Scene
By Chris Taylor
Smithland, KY – Prosecutor's in the Kevin Wayne Dunlap triple-murder case claim at least five pieces of DNA evidence place him at the scene of the crime. The defense attorneys for 37-year-old Dunlap filed a motion Tuesday asking the judge to require the prosecution have the evidence tested by an independent lab. The Paducah Sun reports the evidence was confirmed by the state police forensic crime lab and includes blood, saliva, and semen samples match Dunlap. He allegedly raped and stabbed Kristey Frensley and killed her three children, before setting fire to their Trigg County home last year.