Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 12, 2010
District Goes for Accreditation
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – The Calloway County School District is undergoing its first district-wide accreditation evaluation. Public Relations Coordinator David Dowdy says in the past Calloway has done school by school evaluations, but these have not included the preschool. Officials hope district-wide accreditation will help them develop a better strategy for educating the county's children. Dowdy says an accreditation team began visiting the district Monday. They will present their report to the board tomorrow.