Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed September 25, 2013
District 18 Rep. Butler Won’t Seek Re-Election
Kentucky State Representative Dwight Butler has announced he won't seek re-election next year. The Harned Republican has been in the Legislature for 19 years and serves Breckinridge, Bullitt, Daviess, Hancock and Hardin counties. Butler has never lost an election. He has served in the Legislature since 1995.
In that time, he faced political challengers only twice. Butler said it has been an honor to serve in the Legislature but that he now needs to devote more time to his family and his business. He will stay in the position through next year, at which time he will have served 20 years.