Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed September 25, 2013
District 18 Rep. Butler Won’t Seek Re-Election
Kentucky State Representative Dwight Butler has announced he won't seek re-election next year. The Harned Republican has been in the Legislature for 19 years and serves Breckinridge, Bullitt, Daviess, Hancock and Hardin counties. Butler has never lost an election. He has served in the Legislature since 1995.
In that time, he faced political challengers only twice. Butler said it has been an honor to serve in the Legislature but that he now needs to devote more time to his family and his business. He will stay in the position through next year, at which time he will have served 20 years.