Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu July 26, 2012
Discovery Park grist mill near completion
Volunteers at Union City’s Discovery Park are close to completing work on a grist mill that’s taken five years to build.
The Union City Daily Messenger reports the mill’s framework is almost complete and the water wheel is in place. The Discovery Park opens early next year and will feature a one-hundred-thousand square foot, three-storey exhibit hall. The park will also hold a twenty-thousand gallon Reelfoot Lake aquarium and include a theater simulating earthquakes like those that rocked our region in 1811 and 1812.