Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Thu July 26, 2012
Discovery Park grist mill near completion
Volunteers at Union City’s Discovery Park are close to completing work on a grist mill that’s taken five years to build.
The Union City Daily Messenger reports the mill’s framework is almost complete and the water wheel is in place. The Discovery Park opens early next year and will feature a one-hundred-thousand square foot, three-storey exhibit hall. The park will also hold a twenty-thousand gallon Reelfoot Lake aquarium and include a theater simulating earthquakes like those that rocked our region in 1811 and 1812.