Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu July 26, 2012
Discovery Park grist mill near completion
Volunteers at Union City’s Discovery Park are close to completing work on a grist mill that’s taken five years to build.
The Union City Daily Messenger reports the mill’s framework is almost complete and the water wheel is in place. The Discovery Park opens early next year and will feature a one-hundred-thousand square foot, three-storey exhibit hall. The park will also hold a twenty-thousand gallon Reelfoot Lake aquarium and include a theater simulating earthquakes like those that rocked our region in 1811 and 1812.